Back Exercises For Building Stength Naturally
Back exercises can provide you with the strength you need to get rid of many issues associated with the spinal area, which are a big concern for many middle-aged people because of the strain they have endured over the years. While a back support brace might be an option for pain sufferers, nothing compares to doing exercises that will strengthen these muscles naturally. Here are a couple of back exercises that help with the lumbar area, but you should consult a doctor prior to doing them as a precaution to prevent a serious injury.
Close row on an exercise ball
Equipment needed: An exercise ball and dumbbells
- With your dumbbells in each hand, lie face down with your abdomen on the ball.
- Situate your hands straight out dangling towards the floor with your palms facing inward.
- Lift the dumbbells with your elbows bent so it creates a 90 degree angle.
- At the highest point, squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Lower your arms to the start position and repeat.
- This is one of two back exercise recommended that is good for working the trapezius muscle, lattissimus dorsi and the general lumbar area.
Additional Related Article to Read : Inversion Tables – Are They Really Beneficial?
The following also works the back is the oblique back extension.
Oblique back extension on an exercise ball
Equipment needed: An exercise ball
- Lie face down with your chest on the ball
- Put your hands to the back of your head and keep your legs straight at the backside of the ball and spread out for better balance.
- Lift your chest off the ball and rotate your torso to one side.
- Rotate your torso back to the start position and then rotate to the other side.
- Keep your ball stable during your movements.
- This one targets the lumbar area and the latissimus dorsi and is great for building strength.
If you suffer from back pain, these back exercises will help in building those muscles so you have a healthier back.